Getting your home ready for a sale can be challenging, especially if it’s your first time selling a house. As a new seller, perhaps you don’t know where to start and how to do it.
Well, you are not alone in such a situation. However, there is some good news for you. At Single Tree Team, we understand all your pain points, and we are happy to let you know that we have a solution for you.
In this article, you shall get to know 7 tips of how you can stage and sell your home faster. In that case, you may ask, “what am I required to do to make sure that my house is ready for sale?”
Here are what you can do to sell your home faster:
1.Declutter your home
Dispose of all the unnecessary stuff, only leaving behind what is needed. As you declutter, ensure that you also put away some of the other necessities and accessories from the eye’s reach.
For instance, make sure all your personal stuff is carefully stored away in your personal cabinet or any other relevant storage compartments. You should have clear tabletops in all rooms and countertops in your kitchen by the time you are done.
2.Clean your home
To a prospective buyer, a dirty home is the first sign of a poorly maintained home. For that reason, you would want to clean your home from top to bottom, ensuring that everything is sparkless clean.
Here is how you can do it.
- Clean the floors and countertops to ensure that all the dust is cleared
- Vacuum clean the carpet to remove any dirt and food remains
- Use a squeegee to clean your windows and ensure that they are free from dust
- Clean all the furniture to remove stains and pet fur. You don’t want your buyer to sit on your couch and leave all covered up with pet fur, now do you?
Once you are done cleaning, you should be ready for the next step which is…
3. Fix anything that needs Fixing
Now that your home is clear from clutter, you should be able to see all the places that need to be fixed. To be sure, you might as well hire a home inspector to come to inspect the house and identify areas that need to be fixed. Once they are done with the inspection, they should leave you a detailed report of everything that needs to be fixed.
Since you can’t do everything by yourself, we suggest that you hire a professional to fix anything that has to do with electricity, plumbing, roofing, ceiling fixing, and gas piping as these can be very dangerous.
As they work on those areas, you can fix the minor areas that really don’t need a professional. We are talking about fixing a broken furniture leg and anything else that you can do by yourself.
4. Repaint the house
One of the best things that you can do to your house before selling it is repainting it. By repainting, you give your home a whole new look. When it comes to painting, you have two options, all of which are great:
- Repaint the house to renew the initial color
- Repaint the house with a new color
By repainting to renew the old color, you are simply reviving the aesthetic appearance of the house. On the other hand, if you are repainting your house with new color paint, you are giving your home a new modern look, which will benefit you, especially if your buyer is looking for a place with a modern look.
5. Stage only the main areas
Since you need to sell your house fast, you won’t need to stage every part of your house. Great news, right? Right! There are only a few important places that you have to stage. These places include:
- The living room
- The master bedroom, including the master bathroom
- The kitchen
Ensure that all the furniture in the living room is clean or replaced if need be. Above all, strive to decorate these three essential places with the best furniture possible, so the buyer generally sees the house as valuable.
6. Enhance your home’s curb appeal
It is a known fact that your house’s exterior is equally as important as your house’s interior. In that case, ensure that you also work on your exterior to enhance your curb’s appeal.
With that said, here is what you can do to ensure that your curb is as appealing as possible:
- Ensure that you mow your lawn and water the grass to keep it as healthy as possible as you wait to get a buyer
- Give your front door a new paint job and decorate it with some flowers and ornament accessories to convert it from a regular entrance to a grand entrance
- Dress up your porch with matching seats
- Upgrade your house numbers into something modern and appealing
- Clear the pathways from weeds and mosses
- Add some extra lighting for beauty, safety, and security
When you are done with your exterior, too, you should be ready for the next stage.
7. Hire a professional stager to do it all for you
As you may want to sell your house fast, doing all these things by yourself can be overwhelming, and it may end up taking too much of your time. In that case, if you are unable to do it by yourself, you can as well consider hiring a professional stager to do it all for you.
Also, instead of a professional stager, you may want to confirm with your real estate agent if they also offer staging consultation services. That way, they can help you stage your house as they keep on looking for a buyer.
Before you can say that your house is ready for sale, there are many things you need to do. Here is a quick recap of what you need to do:
- Declutter your home
- Ensure that all areas in and around your house are cleaned
- Fix anything that needs to be fixed
- Do some repainting
- Stage the main areas
- Enhance the aesthetic appearance of your curb
- Hire a professional stager to do it all for you.
Once everything is done, you should expect to get a buyer for your house through your real estate agent soon.